Sean’s Notebook: Water Samples at DNR in Olympia

vwMin

After many trials and tribulations, I’ve finally started running real honest to god TA samples from Hollie’s geoduck experiment. It took a few CRM runs for the new probe on the titratior to settle down, but I got three reps within 10 TA units of each other (They were reading ~20 units higher than expected, so I’ll likely just use an offset to account for that). Progress!

Now only a few hundred more samples to go…

On the Hyak front, after finishing Andrew’s salmon run, I’ve started running the platanus assembler on the Oly Illumina data. After Platanus finishes, we’ll try to integrate the long read PacBio stuff via Redundans. Hopefully PBJelly will finish the gap filling process so we will have two assemblies to compare.

Advertisements