Today Yaamini and I prepared samples for sonication (Wednesday).
Yaamini did her C. gigas, while I prepared Laura’s geoduck.
I did 24 samples:
We took the original samples from the -80, cut each sample in half, and returned one half to the original sample tube, and the other half to a newly labeled tube.
We washed tools between each use with ethanol and nano pure water.
With the first round, we were using a bleach solution to clean tools and did not rinse with nanowire water. After consulting with Emma, those samples were thrown out as they would not work well. This is why some of the samples taken have * next to them. Not every sample was able to have an exactly corresponding replacement. Some had to come from different enclosures.