Maintenance day. Steven and Beyer helped me, and it was a productive morning.
- I counted the larvae that from yesterday’s screening, then imaged them. I put the well plates in the fridge yesterday without fixing in Lugols. I thus imaged the larvae still alive, but sluggish from the cold.
- SR & BR cleaned lines. They ran freshwater through the whole system first for 10 minutes while using the algae dosing pump to inject a mild bleach solution (1mL 12.5% chlorine/mL fresh water), then cleansed the line with fresh water for 10 minutes.
- SR & BR replaced all drippers, banjos, and cleaned the larval catchment buckets.
- I collected new larvae:
- NF-6 Low A
- K-6 Ambient
- K-10 Ambient (just a few, not healthy, did not stock)
- K-6 Low (just a few, not healthy, did not stock)
- HL-10 Low
- Checked out things hanging off of the pier, in an attempt to find the rest of Katherine’s oysters. Candidate was tag #7 in the pearl nets. UPDATE: Confirmed with Stuart that this is where the oysters are. Need to return to the pier, open those up, and see what groups are there. This will help me confirm the group that I have in my experiment.
Took Sunday off; set up extra algae header tank on Saturday.