Katie’s Notebook: Staging finished! 7/10/17

I finished staging the pictures Grace took of the slides made after overwintering and entered all my data into an excel sheet today! I added all of the sex and maturity data for ever oyster photographed with visible gonad tissue. I then created some pivot tables to get some total distribution information. These are shown in the tables and pie charts in the second picture. Finally I sorted all of the data by sex and maturity stage and totaled how many of each there were in every experimental category. Mostly just played around with different ways to combine the numbers!

Note: Data from the pictures Grace took of the slides from this winter are labeled “post-temp” and data from the pictures I took of the slides from April are labeled as “post-OA”.
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 5.27.07 PM
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 5.29.30 PM
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 5.31.00 PM
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 5.30.45 PM
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 5.30.03 PM
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 5.29.45 PM

The original excel document is in my folder on OWL.

Advertisements