Yesterday I assisted Yaamini at Manchester with her gigas larvae. It was a similar process to what was done with Laura’s, however Yaamini’s are not in a flow-through water system.
I screened larvae at 60 µm. 24 buckets.
Yaamini sampled, killed with googols, and counted larvae.
Olivia shuffled buckets, cleaned, and kept things organized.
I will be doing Yaamini’s counting job on Friday and Sunday, while she is out of town. I will have help from two of Joth’s helpers Friday, and Kaitlyn will come out with me Sunday.
Today is Day 2 of Lab HackWeek. Steven, Kaitlyn, and I cleaned up FTR 213.
My other tasks included:
- Creating a Lab Label that can be put on our equipment that we move to places like Manchester (made 1×1 and 2×2 inch: here)
- Researching options for searchable and public image sharing for lab images – Steven would prefer using something Google-related