Yaamini’s Notebook: January Goals

I guess break is over…

…and what a great break it was! I did nothing for 1.5 weeks. I kind of regret it (you’ll find out soon), but I also really don’t. #yolo

December Goals Recap:

  • Didn’t finish proteomics paper…because break
  • Succesfully identified a sequencing protocol!
  • Didn’t prepare samples…because Sam and I were confused about who was doing what.
  • Didn’t add Disqus to my blog…because break (also I forgot I wanted to do this)

January Goals:

  • Finish the proteomics paper by January 11! That gives me about a week to finish writing, address Steven and Emma’s comments, and look it over before I send it off for more formal edits
  • Run C. virginica samples through MBD-Seq protocol
  • Figure out what to do with C. virginica samples after I get them back from sequencing
  • Finish C. gigas histology analyses
  • Come up with plan for C. gigas MBD-Seq analyses, since that’s part of what I’m discussing at NSA
  • Think about the metaanalysis again! Maybe do some concrete work on that since Pubathon will be coming up soon

from yaaminiv.github.io http://ift.tt/2CCkfzk

Laura’s Notebook: DO Data from WA Ecology

In an effort to QC the dissolved oxygen data from the DNR geoduck outplant, I checked out WA Ecology’s online tool, the Environmental Information Management (EIM) System.

Here’s the website layout. I opted to search under the Results field


After experimenting a bit with search options, I searched for “dissolved oxygen”:


Here is a shot of the results table. I then downloaded all results.


The downloaded results file was a .csv. I opened in Excel and generated 2 histograms: 1) All DO data points measured in mg/L; 2) All DO data points measured in mg/L AND measurements from marine/salt/brackish water.



Main take-away: All DO data ranged from 0-21 mg/L, therefore the data points in the DNR dataset >21 should not be included in my data analysis.

from LabNotebook http://ift.tt/2lQlz7X