Grace’s Notebook: April 25, 2018, Data Organization

Index – Match

Today Pam showed me again how to do Index Match in Excel. She originally showed me on her PC, and my format on a Mac is a little different, but not much. Here’s what you do on a Mac:

Have the two files open that you want to move and match data. In the file and cell that you want data MOVED TO, this is the formula:

=INDEX(‘[Qubit-consolidated-copy.xlsx]Sheet1’!$E:$E,MATCH($F:$F,’[Qubit-consolidated-copy.xlsx]Sheet1’!$P:$P,0))

=INDEX(‘[Qubit-consolidated-copy.xlsx]Sheet1’!$E:$E –> the information from the spreadsheet you want to transfer

MATCH($F:$F, –> the info in the current sheet you want to match with info in the other sheet (I did tube numbers)

‘[Qubit-consolidated-copy.xlsx]Sheet1’!$P:$P,0)) –> the info from the other sheet that contains the things you want to match with the current sheet (tube numbers)

So what this all did for me, was get the Qubit RNA concentration data from the Qubit datasheet, into my RNA Isolation spreadsheet and matched the Qubit RNA concentration data to the correct sample via the matching tube numbers.

Qubit note:

I did sample 469 on the Qubit TWICE, instead of doing 496… so I will Qubit 496 real quick, and then have all of my samples in the subset with Qubit results.

Then, I will organize the spreadsheet and then pick new samples to replace the ones that have Qubit results of “0” (Out of range).

Replacement samples for RNA isolation (10 crabs; 30 samples; 4 batches)

Pam will be able to watch how it’s done tomorrow.
img

from Grace’s Lab Notebook https://ift.tt/2Fi9ejI
via IFTTT

Grace’s Notebook: April 24, 2018, RNA Isolation Update and Upcoming Goals

RNA Isolation

Today I did the last set of 9 (I mistakenly thought I did this a few weeks ago, but I hadn’t done it yet): img

I am now trying to organize my data sheets so that I can have a more streamlined and readable format for my data. I have run the Qubit on all the samples I have isolated so far.

This is my OWL notebook folder with ALL of my Qubit data sheets: here. It’s awful and a mess.

Once I have things organized and a clear idea of which sets had Qubit readings of “Out of Range”, I’ll go back and pick new samples to replace those until I have a good subset that ALL have Qubit readings of at LEAST 20ng/uL with a total volume of 50uL.

This week:

  • Organize data sheets and pick new samples to replace the “Out of range” sample sets
  • Isolate RNA for the new replacement sets (show Pam how it works when she has the time)
  • Publish DecaPod S1Ep6 (Pam answering some of my and others’ questions about the project – already recorded, just have to edit)

from Grace’s Lab Notebook https://ift.tt/2JotId5
via IFTTT