Grace’s Notebook: May 1, 2018, RNA Isolations continued

RNA Isolations

First set
Uninfected, ambient: img

Tube 178 has a really high number(26µL in the Qubit sample!), so I am going to pick a new crab to replace it because that seems odd to me.

from Grace’s Lab Notebook

Yaamini’s Notebook: pH Unit Conversion and Averaging

Having pH in mV makes no sense

…which is why I had to convert some pH measurements today! My goal was to take my water chemistry data and use an R script from Hollie to convert mV readings to pH units. Looking at the script, I realized the first thing I needed to do was separate my water chemistry data into individual grab sample and calibration curve spreadsheets by date. I could have done this in an R script, but I didn’t want to spend time figuring it out. I just copied and pasted stuff into different .csv files. You can find the raw data for grab samples and calibration curve measurements in the linked folders.

Then, I ran the script! It gave me a separate data file for each sampling day (named “Data YEAR-MONTH-DAY .csv”). Those data files can be found in this folder. I then compiled all of the data from the individual files into this one .csv file that only has data from oyster experimental tanks. Finally, I ran that data through this R script to average pH by experimental condition! I wrote out the data here.

Now to update the methods section to reflect this process. So close to submitting this paper!

// Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

from the responsible grad student