Kaitlyn’s notebook: finishing measurements and dissecting oysters

Today, I finished all Oly larval measurements. The ROI sets are currently on Emu (in the Roberts lab). I will upload them to Github either at the end of this week or when my laptop is repaired.

I also helped dissect oysters for Ronnit’s experiment. We shucked three groups of oysters with each group containing diploids and triploids. They were either dessicated at room temperature or under heat. We took gill, mantle, and abductor tissue for qPCR and collected remaining tissue (excluding the gonad and visceral mass) in a ‘whole body’ sample. All samples are being stored in the first -80 freezer. The whole body tissues are on the final shelf while the other samples are on the 3rd shelf- not in a drawer.