Today I extracted RNA from 10 more pelleted hemolymph samples using Tri-Reagent (without lyophilizing). I ran 5 ul on the RNA HS Qubit, and 7/10 had quantifiable RNA. I also started working with the .fastq sequence data from our first sequenced library. I ran the four files through FASTQC and am learning how to determine if the output is good.
Today I isolated the following samples using the protocol outlined here.
70% success is not bad!
On Monday, Steven, Sam, and I are going to discuss how to move forward. The Bioanalyzer results from the first time I extracted RNA using Tri-reagent and not lyophilizing did not look great, so we’ll have to see how to proceed. The lyophilizer is still broken.
Starting to work with .fastq data
We received notice on Oct. 15th that our data from our first library!
Here are url’s to my output files:
I will be using this data for my FISH546 project.