Juveniles overwintered in heath stacks:
Some signs of buildup/infestation:
- The first geoduck is alive.
- The second image contains two shells and a dead geoduck.
KCL Priming experiment:
Additionally, Sam worked on an experiment to determine the optimum time for KCL egg priming. These are some important points about the experiment (more info is on Slack):
- 6 x 10 experiment
- Screened fertilized eggs (~1500) and took sample 1 hour post-fertilization from screen (concentrated sample).
- Added eggs into glass bottle (0.3 um filtered seawater)
- Bottles stored in wine cooler
Bottles were discarded because we did not see many D-hinge larvae:
- Sam looked and believed he saw some evidence of fertilization (formation of polar bodies) in samples taken 1 hour post-fertilization and will looks through those samples instead.