After a meeting on this project around the middle of May, we decided to try various approaches to assessing the metagenome. One aspect was to add coverage sequencing coverage information to our BLASTx taxonomy visualizations. I used the MEGAHIT coverage info from 20190327 and the subsequent BLASTx data from 20190516.
Briefly, I parsed out and joined the data to generate the appropriate input file needed for visualizations using Krona Tools and then ran the
ktImportTaxonomy Krona Tools program. This is all detailed in the Jupyter Notebook below.
Jupyter Notebook (GitHub):
NBViewer for viewing notebook: